Date Distributed: Thursday January 3 2019
Position: Program Supervisor
Location: Brooke Alvinston Child Care Centre
Type of Position: Regular Fulltime Position
The Program Supervisor assumes responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the centre in accordance with the Ministry of Education regulations and policies set out by the agency. The supervisor is responsible for overseeing program planning, working effectively with staff, working with families and children, connecting with the community, mentoring staff and administrative responsibilities related to the day-to-day operation of the centre.
The Supervisor is responsible for providing leadership in keeping with the philosophy of the agency while following the guidelines, polices, mission statement and program statement of the agency and will be accountable and responsible for specific projects as assigned. The Program Supervisor will work directly with the Program Director and collaborate with the Executive Director and Financial Controller when required.
Human Resource Management
- Assist with the planning and coordinating of the work of the program staff including supervision and evaluation, training and team building
- Organize and attend regular departmental meetings to maintain effective communication
- Assist with ensuring adequate and qualified staffing numbers are obtained to carry out the programing requirements are met
- Assist with the selection, hiring, coaching, and discipline of the program employees
- Responsible for the supervision and evaluation of all activities pertaining to the centre of operating ,in accordance with Ministry of Education regulations
- Remain up-to-date on all revisions and modifications to the Ministry of Education and College of Early Childhood Educators regulations
- Promote “How Does Learning Happen?” to all staff members and families utilizing the centre
- Manage all activities related to the Team Members in the centre, in consultation with the Program Director and Executive Director
- Act as a liaison between the agency, staff member and parents
Monitoring, Mentoring Programs and Staff Development
- Ensure that all areas of quality assurance including any program assessments, rating scales and developmental screenings for the children in care are completed annually within the centre
- Assist with the implementation and supervision of all policies and producers related to the childcare programs
Agency Operations and Administration
- Assist the Cook Team Members with the development and implementation of the menus for all centre in consultation with the Program Director
- Track the childcare subsidy for qualifying families. Ensure notification to families upon renewals or termination of services.
- Prepare the Ontario Child Care Management System (OCCMS) for your program locations on a monthly basis.
- Communicate with the municipal childcare subsidy caseworkers and the Financial Controller for all needs pertaining to childcare subsidy cases.
- Two year Early Childhood Education Diploma and must be registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Three to five years experience working in a formalized childcare center or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- One to two years experience in management and supervisory experience of a minimum staff or five or more
- Familiar with How Does Learning Happen, ELECT and Think Feel Act documents
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office program
- Current criminal reference inspection including vulnerable sector screening
- Current immunizations and TB test
- Current First Aid and CPR Certification including Infant and Toddler
- Valid Class G driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Rate of Pay: To be negotiated.
Hours of Work: 75 hour bi-weekly, with flexible hours when required.
Start Date: Thursday Jan 31 2019
Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter no later than 4:30pm on Monday January 14 2019. Please submit to Lori Veroude, Executive Director via email at email@example.com
Lambton Rural Child Care is an equal opportunity employer servicing our diverse communities. Although we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.